June 10, 2011

Olive Oil


When J went in for his 2 year check up, I was armed with a list of questions and had my eyes glued to the scale when Jacob stepped on it.  We had been to the doctor 2 times in the previous two weeks and Jacob kept loosing weight from even the time before he had been.  I also had had to just stare at his great summer wardrobe of Kelly's Kids clothes untouched in his closet, because they do not fit. His waist is too small (even though I only ordered a size 2, after he wore, and outgrew 18m clothes last summer and this winter). I not only was having trouble with the Kelly's Kids clothes, but with all his clothes. I even resorted in asking Pat to pull down the clothes from the attic that he wore last summer to find some shorts that would fit.
Sure enough, he had dropped in weight again...
So when the pediatrician asked me,
"So, do you think he's growing well"
my response was
"Yes, but I'm concerned about his weight."
"Good. Me, too" she said.

Mr. I like to run 90 miles an hour ALL. DAY. LONG. is probably just having a ball everyday and needs more calories. Wouldn't that be great if I had this problem?  So do you know what the doc recommended? Olive Oil.
1/2 tsp in his milk 2 times a day.  We're going to work up to 3 times a day eventually.

Who knew?

Stats:
height: 34 inches - 40 percentile
weight: 25 lbs - 16 percentile

Everything else looked good, and all my questions were answered with..."yep, that's normal."  So, hopefully we can bulk up our skinny mini, and be good to go.  He also got his toe pricked to check for anemia, and one shot in his thigh.  He was MAD that he got that shot, and screamed when I picked him up afterward, all while he got dressed and then down the hall to check out.  One look at the sucker basket, though, and he was magically healed. Dum-dums have magic healing powers. He did proceeded to inform us of his "owie" on his thigh for the next 2 days.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails