While I feel I have nothing important to say to take up world wide web space, my friends feel differently. Pat and I recently found out we are going to be parents! While it doesn't seem so "recent" to me, it was almost six weeks ago that we found out the news and I called to make the first of many doctor appointments. Our first prenatal appointment was scheduled for Thursday October 30, and Pat took off work to be there with me. When we arrived, ready with tons of questions and loads of anticipation we were told my doctor had left to deliver a baby, and would need to reschedule for next week. Our consolation prize? A follow up ultrasound to one done at the beginning of October. They needed to hear a strong heartbeat, and an ultrasound was the surest bet. Pat and I got to hear the little peanut's heartbeat - a strong 180 beats per minute. We were also told that our little peanut was measuring a week ahead in size. Satisfied, and rescheduled for my first prenatal appointment Pat and I headed to WKU's Homecoming Saturday. It didn't take long for news to spread, as Pat could not simply keep a secret for two more weeks. By Friday anyone in Bowling Green and near the Phi Delta Theta house had heard our news, and Saturday word began to travel on Chestnut Street from the Kappa Delta house. I head to the doctor tomorrow, November 4, hopefully not to be rescheduled again -- with decision '08 and babies on my mind.So here we are, 2 more weeks away from the pivotal 12 week mark. Say a little prayer or cross your fingers, which ever you prefer, as we begin this adventure that's sure to be loads of fun and supply us with plenty of sleepless nights.
**Pictured below: First baby gift from my Dad and Jen -- purchased in NYC at Wicked. There are SO many reasons why Pat and I both LOVE this gift.**
No comments:
Post a Comment