August 19, 2009

Just what you need, another friend named Laura...

Today's a big day! Months ago I was sent the following message from a dear sorority sister:

Hi ladies!
I find this incredibly ironic so I must pass it on. Although you two ladies are friends that I don't see on a regular basis, I know you're friends I can rely on in a jiffy.
How interesting that you're both named Laura, that you were both LH initials before you got married, that you both have not-so-little anymore brothers to protect, that you're both EXPECTING BABY BOYS THE FIRST WEEK IN JUNE and you both live in Lexington. You both like classy things, unique clothing and jewelry and vacations at the beach.
Laura's fave vacation spot is Massachusetts, and LB lived in Maryland as a newlywed.
Also, you both went to Baby Belly Spa recently (your mommas aren't the only ones reading those blogs!) and you'll both make great mommas yourselves.
So on top of all these little things you have in common, I really think you guys could be great friends. Certainly there's a playdate in your future! Maybe Dane and Jacob will share a birthday :)
So without further adieu, Laura Camic, meet my sorority sister from WKU, Laura Beth McKew, aka LB. She lived across the hall in the sorority house.
LB, meet Laura Hughes, my middle and high school friend who lived one street away.
Here's to healthy babies and newfound friends!
Love Jackie

Turns out Laura and I have loads of mutual friends and our boys were born 4 days apart. We've kept in touch during our pregnancies and the last 11 weeks of these boys lives via facebook and blogs, and today we meet! We scheduled a "play date" for today and after some shifting we moved the big event, back to today. So off I go to meet my first "internet friend". We've always been warned not to go meet internet friends in person, they could be creapy people... but I have no doubt that is not the case here!
So, here's to healthy babies and new found friends!
Thanks Jack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails