We have worked with Cara Dee two other times, and have been extremely pleased with her work! My "personal" photographer from the last 5 years of my life lives in Bowling Green, and I can't have him on every whim {although, sometimes he could say I have acted that way} so I went on the hunt over a year ago for a great local photographer. This summer I was on facebook and saw some great pictures posted on the wall of people I went to high school with, a quick fb message later I had Cara Dee's name and website. Skip ahead to today, and I am getting ready to book miss Cara Dee for Jacob's 1 year pictures. I have been able to use her for his 3 month, 5/6 month {really my mom had family pictures taken using her} and 9 months pictures. I just LOVE her work. She's SO sweet and loves life. Her blog is fantastic too. She's quite the writer! Cara Dee Photography - LOVE!
Jacob is quite the little entertainer these days, at least Pat and I think so. This month Jacob has learned lots of new things:
to crawl
to combine his crawling with his already mastered pulling up so that now he can cruise all the furniture
to cruise from one piece of furniture to the other
to get back down to the floor from standing up
to occasionally let go of everything and stand on his own for just a few seconds {YIKES}
to chew food - he now can eat crackers, bread sticks, Cheerios, puffs and yogurt melts {I can't omit, there's been a french fry or two tossed into that mix}
to hold his own sippy cup and drink water and juice at meals all by himself
to condense his babbling to one syllable "da", "mmmmma" and an occasional "ca"
to roll over as soon as I take his diaper off to be changed, and immediately begin to squirm like crazy
to play with a puppy in our house {this only lasted two days}
Whew, I'm tired just thinking about the fact that he really did learn all these things in the last 3 weeks!
Stats:
28 1/4 inches - 75 percentile {up from 26 inches at 6 months}
18 lbs 14 oz - 45 percentile {I don't remember his weight at 6 months right now}
6 teeth, and working on #7 {three on the top, three on the bottom}
He has worked his way into some 12 month clothing, but can still wear 9 month if it's 2 pieces, one piece outfits are far too short for our little guy.
We are getting ready to begin the process of switching from formula to whole milk, today will be his first try and the goal is that by one year {yes, that's in three short months} he will be on milk only and not take a bottle. As I told this to Pat he was very concerned... What will we do if he wakes up in the middle of the night and is hungry? Can we not give him a bottle, do we let him starve?? I have assured Pat that this is a gradual process, and on May 31 he does not have to never use a bottle again, it's just a goal and we'll figure out what works for us. In the meantime, Pat is still very concerned about that middle of the night occasional bottle.
Now that I've provided all this information I realize that I don't have the cord to my camera with me to upload the videos and pictures that go with all this news. So, that will have to be done in the future. For now, anticipate the video of Jacob playing with an 8 month old bichon frise named Harley....and laughing uncontrollably. TOO FUNNY!
No comments:
Post a Comment