Folks, we. are. there.
Jacob has been at his grandmothers house for overnights here and there. Our first outing was for a wedding in September last year when J was 4 months old. Since then he has had a few other slumber parties at GiGi's, but just one nighters. This Sunday Pat and I will leave for 6 days. SIX. J will stay home with Nannie and GiGi will come and spend the night at our house too. Six days. I'm having trouble breathing thinking about it. I'm SO excited for our trip. We are going to the Caribbean. I am not excited to leave Jacob, but this trip is not appropriate for a fair skinned 1 year old with tubes in his ears. He'd be a fried lobster with blue ear plugs in 0.5 seconds. Six Days. I'm not worried about who's keeping him. Let's face it, he'll probably be in better hands than when he's with me. No one does spoiling and loving better than Nannie. Toss in a nightly GiGi visit, and this child won't want me to come home. I am worried that something will happen, out of every one's control, while we're gone. SIX Days. Have I ever told the story about my brother getting sick while my parents were in Key West? Nannie and Grandaddy came to our house to keep us during their trip, and RT got a little sick. A small fever, vomiting coming and going - no one thought too much of it. Mom took him to the doctor as soon as they got back and he was admitted to the hospital IMMEDIATELY! He was there for a week and had a portable IV for a few weeks after that. Tell me that experience wouldn't scare a new mom. SIX DAYS.
I've been having nightmares about Jacob and Gracie. Things like them stopping breathing, or Gracie jumping into the lake with out a life jacket on... and not being able to get to her - and in my dreams she can't swim, but in real life, she can. I've had such a time that on Friday night after Jacob woke up from a storm I brought him into our bed and slept with my hand on his back, to make sure I could feel him breathing... at one point I couldn't feel him breathing and checked several spots and then Pat SWEARS I palmed Jacob as I picked him up and yelled his name. He was okay, and gave me the most ridiculous look and then went right back to sleep. I'm paranoid I'm tell you! Paranoid. Pat's still laughing about the incident.
Maybe once I'm there I'll sleep. But for now, sleeping isn't my strong suit. I know I just need to get through this week and enjoy my vacation. Goodness knows we need it. Once we get back, we'll evaluate that trip I want to take next spring to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Maybe we won't go somewhere that only has one flight in and out a day, and a 45 minute ferry ride to get to the island that the airport is on...
Ready for blue skies and clear oceans...
Ready for blue skies and clear oceans...



No comments:
Post a Comment