September 3, 2010

Worth the Read

Beautiful pictures that tell a touching story of old friends of mine. They could use your prayers and encouragement, as they continue on their journey. 

http://flynnscapturephotography.blogspot.com/2010/09/maternity-brandon-brooke-briar.html

photo: Jessica Flynn - Capture Photography

I feel fortunate to know them and keep up with their life in the little ways I do.  Brandon's mother and my mom work together, and Brooke and I have been able to reconnect sometimes through blogs and her dedication to taking care of her body - in ways I only wish I could want to do.

This was Brooke and I in Baltimore the night before she did an Iron Girl Triathlon. YES. TRIATHLON. 















She had contacted me since I was in Baltimore and she and a buddy of hers had dinner with me after work one night. It was one of the best nights I ever had when I lived there. Lots of old stories... lots of new stories and catching up, as if time had not passed us from high school.  I'm not sure I ever told her, but there were few positive things I took from my two years "up north" and that night with her was one of them {Thank you for that night}.  Brooke is honest, sweet, thoughtful and loving.  She is a God fearing and loving lady.

Oh and Brandon... if you only knew Brandon (and if you do, you understand that statement).  He is one of the funniest guys you will ever meet. Always up for an adventure, always a "grand idea", he has very little fear to try crazy things...and has even tried to breast feed a baby --- you can read about that here.

Brandon and I swam together (and against each other's teams) in middle school and high school, did the class officer thing together, he even did a stint teaching me the 8 Seconds dance for Mr. TCHS (that began my days teaching boys dances for group performances...it all started in the halls of TCHS and in the Hahn's basement) he even introduced me to my first Cheech and Chong movie.  Brandon is a hoot, he is grounded in his faith and a genuinely good soul. 

Read their story on Brooke's Blog.  Follow it - it's always worth the read, no matter the topic.  Add this precious family to your prayer list and be mindful of them. 
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails