Since my last post (besides B, B & B) we've been on the run.
After Pat and I went to St. John the last week in July,
![]() |
| Kelly's Kids Reversible Longall to denim with turkey applique |
![]() |
| Kelly's Kids Fall 2010 |
![]() |
| Pat's Bucket of Beer Cake |
![]() |
| Gag gifts are always a hit |
![]() |
| The top of one of the beer bottles |
This weekend we headed to Lake Cumberland for our first time this summer, and since last Labor Day - how time has flown! We have ourselves a little water baby. Jacob had a great time out on the boat, took a trip on the molecule, and got in the lake twice to splash and float around. And we even snuck in a family picture.
![]() |
| Hanson Family picture - watch for the Christmas Card |
![]() |
| Jacob and Aunt SJ on the boat |
I expect September to be full of football games, WEG and then "birthday season" - it will be here before I know it.
Jacob turned 15 months a week ago today, and Friday he had his check up and shots. Did I mention that we've also had a staph infection at our house? Two weeks ago poor Jacob had quite a traumatic experience at the doctor's office. He had developed a skin infection on his upper right thigh and resulted in having the spot drained, a week of antibiotics and warm baths three times a day. He's all better now, but he's still a little leery when you change his diaper and need to undo the right side...
Anyway, he made it through the shot (only one!) with only a few kicks and screams, once it was over he was all better. He weighs 22.5 pounds (25th percentile) and is 30.5 inches tall (also, 25th percentile).
{Flashback - 12 months - weight: 21 lbs 8 oz (25th percentile) height: 29.5 inches (50th percentile)}Jacob remains strong and a busy body.
We also had a checkup at the allergist and Jacob has been given an epipen. Daycare asked if he could have one and after a chat with the allergist, it was determined we should have been given one the first time he was there. So Pat and I have been trained, and we'll be showing those who take care of Jacob how to use it. Hopefully it will NEVER be needed, but it is nice "peace of mind" to know it's accessible if we needed it. Jacob's been doing really well on his egg free diet. We have seen great improvements in his overall health and his skin. We just have trouble looking for new things to eat - so we tend to eat the same things and go to the exact same places. I don't mind, I hope Jacob doesn't get bored with the food selection.










Hey, I found your blog through Jenny B. - she and I go to church together. I began reading and realize that your little one has food allergies. My oldest son does too! (milk, egg, peanut)and his reactions were skin related. Now, his skin is BEAUTIFUL and it is all because of his diet.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever need any recipes, questions, or new stuff to eat email me and we'll chat. It can be hard to manage, but once you get the "hang of it", it becomes part of life.
Just thought I would say hello! ;)
Also, another connection, Brooke and Brandon W. went to college with my brother and SIL...they know them quite well and I have been following and praying for them too!