I can’t predict the future, but I have a feeling about this year... a feeling that it will be FUN! I hope so, at least! The wedding count for the year is already at four. The expected baby count is up to eight. Three trips are on the books - two are places I've never been before {New Orleans and Arizona}. Pat continues to pursue that second degree... learning is fun, right? Those are just the highlights and I hope the remainder of 2011 follows suit. I would like to live, celebrate and enjoy life this year, instead of just watch it pass us by so quickly it makes my head spin.
Do I have any specific goals for this year? Sure.
I’m kicking off meal-planning and home cooking this year. For our health, sanity and to save money to free up funds. I'd like to minimize the day long question... what's for dinner - and get home at 6:15 without a clue, and a screaming, starving child in my arms who has a food allergy...
Do a better job of sticking to a budget. I'm in the financial profession, you'd think I'm better at this than I really am. I know the HOW and implementation, it's the follow through that gets me every time.
Celebrate 5 years of marriage. With a weekend trip, this idea started out as a whole week vacation, but I'll settle for the weekend away.
Learn to parent with more patience, grace and consistency. **we are currently taking the pacifier away from Jacob, and that patience and grace thing would be GREAT to have to lean on right about now**
Be thankful. I have made a mental effort the past few months to remind myself to be grateful and thankful for the life we lead, the people who are in it and the experiences we have each day.
I am humbled every night when we say Jacob's prayers by the lines:
I pray the Lord, my soul to keep
Guard me, Jesus, through the night
And, wake me with the morning light
Each night, as I pause to reflect on what I am saying and asking for Jacob I am reminded that each day and each breath is not in my hands, but is a gift. I take it as my responsibility to cherish it, fully. Amazing what having children allows you to comprehend on a completely different level than before.
Happy New Year, a little late! Hope it's a good one :)
Hey there!!!
ReplyDeleteThe baby count around her is CRAZY!! Seriously, I know about 15 people having babies in April, all having GIRLS, isn't that crazy!?!?
Good luck w/ the pacifier. I just knew it was going to be BAD, and surprisingly he did great!?!?! Who knew?!?
Thanks for all your sweet comments!!