April 11, 2011

Motivated

To say we've been motivated to do some spring cleaning, might be an understatement.

Our activities began Thursday night with some outdoor planting.  I had found some hydrangeas {my favorite plant!} at Sam's for cheap-o.  Pat enlisted the help of a little guy to dig and plant the hydrangeas {and a few other small flowers} in the back yard.




Jacob kept trying to chase me and give me a hug with his dirty hands and dirty mouth. Apparently, boys do eat dirt.

Friday night we set out to pick up a mattress for Jacob and then moved all the furniture out of Jacob's room to clean the carpets.  He was upgraded from a nursery this weekend to a toddler room.  Complete with twin mattress and a toy wall.  Saturday morning our work began.  Before Jacob and I woke up Pat went to Lowe's and picked up some mulch and two trees.  They were in the ground and the lawn was mulched before our eyes opened.   As soon as Jacob woke up we began the transformation of his room.

First the mattress came in, and then the crib went out.  Jacob supervised Pat's progress.



Then we began to put together the new unit for Jacob's toys, books and puzzles.  When we were almost done I decided that the dresser in the guest room would be better in Jacob's room, so we had to preform a minor switch-a-roo.  After a quick drop off at Goodwill and trip to Target, we were headed back home for Jacob's first night in his new room.

We've got the basics done.  Most wall items remained and Pat wasn't about to tackle the stripes he painted so patiently 2 1/2 years ago, so they stayed.  A few other items had to be moved, because once Jacob got onto his new bed, he realized that he could reach items that were previously out of reach.




Saturday night was Jacob's first night in a big boy bed, and he did great! I, on the other hand, stayed up all night checking on him.  I had purchased a video monitor a few weeks ago in anticipation of this move.  I was convinced that Jacob would get up and run around - but I wanted to be able and let him have the opportunity to get back in the bed on his own, without us barging in all the time to redirect him. So, all Saturday night I would roll over and turn the monitor on and make sure he was doing okay. And of course, he was, and he never got up.

Sunday morning we were up with the sun and ready to go! After a big family breakfast Pat used the carpet cleaner machine to deep clean our slick floors (LONG story) and the chair and a half in our room, all before church! After church we came home for a quick change and a quick quick nap and then headed to Keeneland.  Jacob's nap went more like I had anticipated when I purchased the video monitor.  We were checking to see if Jacob was still asleep and he was NOT in his bed.  While we were checking the monitor a little blond hair boy ran from the opposite side of the room towards his bed - he. was. awake.  :) Knowing we had big plans for the afternoon we went right on in and got Jacob ready for Keeneland.



Jacob loved Keeneland! We arrived in time to really enjoy most of the very windy but super sunny afternoon.  Jacob got to see tons and tons of horses, which thrilled him! He was such a joy to be around and was laughing every time he saw a horse.  He loved every minute of our afternoon and zonked out as soon as we hit the car.



What a weekend!  I'm motivated to keep moving and cleaning out. WATCH OUT! My next room is the TV room - I'm trying to figure out how to switch the main TV to the complete opposite wall... wish me luck!

Signature

1 comment:

  1. I have always wondered about hydrangeas. Are they difficult to keep alive... Lots of sun or little? I love gardening in the summer but these flowers have always intimidated me!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails