January 14, 2010

The DYNASTY is BACK!

Now, as I write this I fully understand that UK will lose Saturday - that's just the kind of luck I have.... but let me tell you, We're BBBBAAAAACCCCK.I'm a HUGE UK fan, even bigger UK basketball fan. Not quite as obsessed as my dear friend Alice is with Alabama Football, but a close second. When Pat and I lived in Baltimore I would watch every game. We bought special cable packages just so I could catch a glimpse of the Cats. I am not a fairweather fan - I love this team all the time. I have delighted myself in yelling at the TV and old coaches when I {and the rest of the state} was not happy with a sub-par performance. I participated in heated debates at my old office over why UK should still be considered the greatest basketball program despite coaching changes and {what a true blue fan considers} not the greatest winning seasons.
This year they have held their own. They've pulled off some close wins, gave us all UK2K, and now enter SEC play 17-0, just beat good ole Billy D and they're FUN to watch! Did I mention John Wall is on the cover of Sports Illustrated?? Oh, life is good as a Wildcat fan these days... And now.... I raise another one.Jacob is not even 8 months old and he has attend a UK football game. He watched most of the game taking a short nap just before half time. We refueled with a bottle and diaper change at the beginning of the third quarter and he kept going.
We watched Big Blue Madness from the comfort of our home, and Jacob stood in his exersaucer jumping and pounding his hands as the team was introduced. We dance to the starting line ups and cheer for Pat Pat and John Wall when they're introduced on the radio {yes, we turn on the radio just to listen to the starting line up, because they don't show that part on TV}. Jacob loves to watch sports, and the Cats are no exception. My child could care less about cartoons, but a good basketball or football game? He's glued! I love that I {and Pat, of course} get to share this with Jacob, and that he's taking to it so well. The hats, the bibs, the clothes and socks - he's such a good sport. He loves to listen to the band, and with any luck our friend {Uncle} Kyle will teach him the fight song shortly. Our Baby Wildcat has learned well how to cheer for his team and babble at the players during a game, but on this occasion - he was determined to mimic the Wildcat himself. Listen close, and Go Cats!
Signature
edit: chirpbit isn't working right, I've got to get the link above fixed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails