Charlotte: I promise I won't become one of those mothers who can only talk about diaper genies.
Carrie: Good.
Samantha: What the hell is a diaper genie?
Carrie: I don't know... someone you hire to change a kid's diaper?
OH, they make me laugh! :)
We're counting down the days to Jacob's big day! 3.
I had heard complaints from my girlfriends of their other mommy friends who only talked about how pregnant they were, how their bladders were SO small, how their back hurt... and then about feeding schedules and how many months old their children were, diapers and learning milestones. I had hoped I would not become a mother who bored those who didn't want to hear our family trials, tribulations and joys. I don't know if I have succeeded in that or not. I know I often talk about Jacob, and what he's into these days during my conversations, although I really try to make a conscience effort not to do that when someone hasn't asked for it. I TRY not to send out pictures to those who don't care, or didn't ask me to send pictures again when I had more. Honestly though, there isn't much of a temper check in place. Maybe I'm oblivious, or maybe I've just been fortunate enough to have friends who care about my child, and to those I am thankful!
Thank you for spending the last year reading about and asking about Jacob.
No comments:
Post a Comment