Anyway, there has been lots of activity this week. Jacob has been working on his hand/eye coordination and really concentrates to pick up his rattles and put them in him mouth, and his pacifier - he’s almost got the hang of. There has been a little bottle holding going on this week too but I’m pretty sure he might not really know what he’s doing there…just holding on to something.
Sunday Pat and I bought an exersaucer and it’s been a big hit! Jacob loves to “stand” and has really good head control, so we thought we would give it a shot. SUCCESS! Pat put it together Tuesday while I was at a meeting and when I came home Jacob was having a big time. He played for almost an hour! He can only touch one foot to the bottom, but that doesn't seem to keep him from enjoying the new toy and a little bit of freedom.
Yesterday was a big day too. I had been concerned about Jacob’s lack of wanting to hold his head up when he’s on his tummy. Most babies his age have been doing this for a month or more now… not Jacob. I thought maybe we hadn’t given him enough tummy time during the battle with reflux. When ever he has been on his tummy he would just scream, and almost NEVER tried to hold his head up, he would just burry it deep in the carpet. I had seen him hold his head up twice before yesterday. I didn’t say much about my concerns to anyone other than Pat, and we just made an effort to let him play on his play mat on his tummy the past few days. Must have paid off quickly. Yesterday morning after Jacob had his bottle I put him down on his stomach. To my surprise he didn’t scream, he held his head up and looked around! He watched a little GMA and then put his head down. I thought that was a great accomplishment! Until, he picked his head up again! This when on for about 10 minutes…and then my little wiggle worm picked his head up and rolled over! I was in shock. I immediately called Pat and on speaker phone he told Jacob how proud he was of him. I couldn’t get him to do it again before we left for work and daycare, so I thought it was a one time thing. When we got home last night I put out a blanket and put Jacob back on his tummy and just as Pat looked up from the kitchen, Jacob picked his head up and rolled over again! We were able to see him roll over one more time... then about the time I got the video camera out he buried his head in the blanket and started to cry and wouldn’t roll any more. Go figure.
Continued proof that children really will do what they want in their own time.

Make him stop growing up!!!!!
ReplyDelete